Friday, November 28, 2008

Adaption Madness

So for the past 2 days because of turkey day I've been unable to post on this blog. Day 3 went off without a hitch which really surpised me due to the fact that was supposed to be the hell day. I had issues sleeping at naps that day which kind of disturbed me and probably should have prepared me for day 4.

Day 4 was a clusterfuck, the morning was terrible during turkey day but it ramped back up into normalcy. The zombie mode time starting to become more relavant as I go into this thing. I do feel like my adaption period is going better than last time because I am prepared and know whats going on. I'm using so many tactics I learned from last time which I am going to list here if you are attempting this as well.

1. Oversleeping is not bad, you will do it. Essentially your body is still in the circadian rhythm and it is extremely hard to break out of that. Oversleeping does not nessecarilly hurt your chances of becoming polyphasic. What is happening is that your body is fighting sleep deprivation. If you just keep taking the naps every 4 hours you will eventually adapt. You will begin getting tired at each of the 6 intervals during the day and you will slide into the sleep pattern.

2. Increasing frequency of naps when tired or at night. Yet again sleep deprivation is the killer of polyphasic sleep. It feels awful to go through it without helping yourself out. Try to take extra naps at the mid point between the killer nap intervals like at night.

3. Purposefully doing a oversleep during the zombie mode period. This will allow you to essentially skip that horrible mind torturing event. I am not sure if you can skip it every time and still adapt but I've only used this tactic once this adaption period and I feel fine. Just make sure to keep rolling with the naps during the day and you should feel fine.

Not dead, feelin pretty fine, still rollin. Oh yeah!

No comments: